The Single Girl's Blog

The Inner-Most Ramblings of A Single Girl On Her Journey Through Life...Or Some Crap Like That.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

And So Our Journey Ends...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It is with bittersweet irony that the Single Girl's Blog comes to an end. I've gone back and forth on this and have come to the decision that the inevitable conclusion of a Single Girl's Journey Through Life has arrived.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The Back Story
This blog began innocently enough, nearly four years ago. I was embarking on a major life change and needed an outlet to purge my feelings, ponder my confusion and ultimately reach out to the universe in some hopes of perspective and peace. I was tired of filling scores of journals that sat idly in my closet, as if shelved thoughts gathering dust. I would send my thoughts out into the universe and miraculously enough, the universe would speak back. In the form of comments, I gained invaluable feedback on many issues that I struggled with over the past few years. I gained insight from others and possibly gave insight along the way, as well. The transformation that this medium has initiated in me, is truly astounding. I found that I craved the feedback, enjoyed the camaraderie and became somewhat addicted to posting my thoughts and seeing how others might respond. Throughout the past few years I have come to truly cherish many of you out there. It makes me realize that though we live on different continents, in different cultures, have different backgrounds... we are at the core of our beings very similar. We are human... we are humanity. The world is smaller than ever before and I take much comfort in that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
What I've Gained
When I first embarked on my blog journey, I was scared, confused and a bit lost. I was looking for something more, something greater than myself, something greater than the immediate world around me. Here I sit, years later, having found so much more than I could have ever anticipated. Not only have I stumbled upon a group of truly witty, passionate and inspiring people.... but people who helped me in ways that they may never know. I would like to call you friends, though we have never met. These people know me better than some family members and have brought so much to my life, that I will never know how to truly thank them. I will still be popping in and seeing how your lives are going and offering my two cents here and there. But, this Single Girl is hanging up her title and embarking on a new chapter, out in the real world.

My search for the "ultimately elusive" true love ends here as well. This blog has brought me far more than friends, perspective and peace... it brought me true love. I met him here, in cyber-space through Steph, who resides thousands of miles away from us. I'm not even sure if she knows her hand in fate. But I'd like to thank her for bringing us together; for that, I am eternally grateful.

He was another "searcher", someone looking for the same things as I. I knew we had an immediate connection, but never thought for one second that it could be anything more than a crush. After all, we were in "cyber-space". The funny thing is, because we had been so open, so honest, so unprotected in all of our posts when we finally met, there was absolutely no pretense, no walls, no guards. I knew him, as he knew me- really, for the first time in my life someone really knew me. We fell in love and I am so lucky to call him my own. I plan on spending the rest of my life with him, as he does with me and it's only a matter of time until we can start living our life together. I credit this blog and this medium for bringing me the love of my life. I believe in my heart that because I healed my heart through writing on this blog nearly every day for years, that I was ready and open to love when I met him. I believe that we would have met one day, if it hadn't been this way... but I am grateful that it was much sooner than later. He is my soulmate, my gift, my world. He has brought so much happiness and love into my life and I will cherish him for the rest of mine. For those of you that thought you had figured it out.. yes, you were right. And he is as amazing as you think, and then some.

Parting Is Such Sweet Sorrow
As my journey as the "Single Girl" ends, I find comfort in the fact that another begins. A greater, more fulfilling, inspired journey begins today. You may see me pop up again, somewhere else, maybe this medium or in some other form. But know this, you have impacted my life and I will be forever grateful for that. I will be keeping an eye on you, my friends and wish you the greatest reward and awe-inspiring happiness on your journey.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The Single Girl aka Fab, aka Wonder Woman (yep, you heard it here) is signing off....

Safe Travels. I'll leave you with my current favorite song...




37 Comments:

At Sunday, October 22, 2006 6:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fab - I only recently found your blog, and I wish you all the happiness with S.T.
I too have found my 100% soul mate - and strangely enough found him through the internet.
I have moved 3000 miles from 'home', bought a house, got engaged - and it's the best year I've ever had.
Good luck to you.

 
At Sunday, October 22, 2006 8:26:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

Where's my credit? Remember, you fell just after I started reading...

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 12:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is only now that I realize you and trueborn are an item. Congratulations Wonder Woman, he seems like an amazing sincere, compassionate man. I wish the best for both of you in this life together. I'm sorry to see the two of you are leaving the blog world but hope the future brings nothing but the best!!

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 2:11:00 AM, Blogger Scorpy said...

Fab, we have been thru this blog thing for a while and I started off the same as you. I have thought of ending my blog because I no longer search or need guidance but then I thought I still like to write down the occasional post so although I do not post very much now I'll stay in the blogworld. Congrats and you deserve a great life. All the best xxooxx

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 6:26:00 AM, Blogger ChickyBabe said...

That's a lovely surprise! I'm thrilled for both of you :).

Good luck in your new life and may you always walk the path of happiness :).

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 2:56:00 PM, Blogger AmyB said...

Wow....so I sleuthed and checked out S.T.'s blog, only to see he, too, decided to bid farewell to his own blog the same day. A very new-aged, and still-very-much-alive version of Romeo and Juliet, in a way. So romantic...

It's going to kill me to not ever know when you two finally found each other in the same city, living together, advancing as one life, etc..., but I will just make it up in my head as I go, since I know it's something truly beautiful and special. Funny how we both found what we always wanted while writing our blogs...and how we both see ourselves as completely different people now. I'm so happy for you, as I now (finally) know what the love you are experience feels like. It's like life didn't really begin until he came into your life, and now, the possibilities are endless, but never scary and unknown.

*sigh*

I'll miss you! Best of luck!

Hugs from a sad girl. :o(

 
At Monday, October 23, 2006 5:29:00 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

Take care Fab. I wish you the best of luck.

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 10:26:00 AM, Blogger Steph said...

Oh my fuckin GOD!!! I'm crying here!
Are you shitting me! You and True?

Lolz, that is the BEST news evarrr!
You have scored yourself one hell of a man, and him, Well he just won the lottery!!!

I'm amazed, I'm stunned, I'm overwhelmed!
I'm going to miss you. I don't know why this has to be the end, but i respect your wish to do so. I guess you have better things to do now :P

OH my Jebus, I can't get over it.
HAAAAAA!
w00t!!

congrats you two. I love you both.

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 3:50:00 PM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Kel~ What a wonderful story! It has been a good year, hasn't it? Thanks for popping in!! : )

Dan~ I'm so sorry, I forgot.. Ahem, "And thanks to the Illustrious Dan who happens to stumble upon blogs as the blogger meets their soul mate- A Blog Good Luck charm to be sure!"- How's that? : )

Anon~ Oh, a reader of both? Please do share- who are you? : ) You are correct, he is amazing, sincere, compassionate and a host of other adjectives. I'm quite sure that I'm the luckiest girl on this planet. Thank you for your kind wishes!

Scorp~ Sounds like your life is falling into place as well. Glad to hear it! I'll be popping in on you every now and then, you better believe that!

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 3:56:00 PM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

CB~ I really thought all of you had figured it out! Well, a few of you had for sure! Thank you for the kind words- we are both incredibly happy. : ) I wish well too!

AmyD~ I'll let you know when the movie comes out- j/k! Thank you for your support, excitement and enthusiasm for us! Best wishes for you and C.L.!! I know y'all will have an amazing life together!!

Chuck~ Thanks so much! I appreciate that!
~Fab : )

 
At Tuesday, October 24, 2006 4:00:00 PM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Steph~ My little matchmaker! You sincerely had no clue? I'm shocked! I told you that I would tell you about the power of your blog, one day. I guess we're living proof. You brought us together and if you recall, actually jokingly suggested we should date. So, there you have it-you can add "Cupid" to your resume. I can never thank you enough for stumbling upon my blog and bringing a certain incredible man with you... You might be getting something special in the mail one day. : )~
Love, Fab

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, it is anon again from above. It was through Steph that I began reading your two blogs or was it buggy's? Not sure now. I have been and ardent admirer of you both since you both sound like fantastic people. I'm currently a student studying elementary ed. Enough about me! Congratulations again, Best wishes and all that mushy shit!!! Does this mean you're finally moving? It's about time!!!

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 12:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah, one more thing, it was only after you signed off aka wonder woman that I made the connection..............

 
At Wednesday, October 25, 2006 1:27:00 PM, Blogger JillWrites said...

That is beautiful. I'm so happy the two of you have found each other. Much happiness!

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:03:00 AM, Blogger Pomgirl said...

Good luck with everything, sweets!

Px

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 10:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just started reading your blog a few months ago and was fascinated. But now to hear your news I'm overwhelmed and I don't even know you. What a truly amazing story. Congratulations and have a wonderful life. I feel like my good book is over, and now I'm waiting for volume two......

 
At Thursday, October 26, 2006 9:47:00 PM, Blogger Steph said...

I honestly had no clue. You need to draw me a friggin map!!

I do remember that throw away comment about dating, but i never imagined it would come to that. :)

I'm glad i played a part in your romance. I wish you all the very best.
xxx

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Anon#1~ Thanks so much! We appreciate your kind wishes! As for moving... not yet, but very soon! : )

Jill~ Thanks so much. One of life's many wonders- I have no idea how it actually came to be, but I'm so grateful that it did. I'll be keeping tabs on you! Maybe a trip to NYC for one of your plays is in order!

PomGirl~ Thanks so much! I'll still be checking in on you & Mr. Oscar! I think he's related to my Mia!

Anon #2- I think that might be the sweetest compliment I've ever received. You seriously just made my day! No worries- volume #2 may come in hard back.. you never know! ; )~

Steph~ At the time, it was just a harmless flirtation... Maybe you planted a seed. : )~ Thank you all the same, without your blog, who knows if we'd even know each other. Guess you're pretty powerful, huh? : )
~Fab

 
At Friday, October 27, 2006 9:53:00 AM, Blogger Dan said...

That works. Thanks.

 
At Sunday, October 29, 2006 1:45:00 PM, Blogger A Girl Like Me said...

Are you sure... can't you continue under a different title?
I'll miss reading you.

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 1:46:00 AM, Blogger Dayngr said...

Bummer. I had recently started reading. You'll have to start a relationship blog next...

 
At Monday, October 30, 2006 11:12:00 PM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Dan~ Happy to oblige!

AGLM~ Thanks for the comps, but I think it's time for a bit of privacy. : )~

Dayngr~ Sorry that you just got here. Thanks for reading. I'll let you know when the book is out... j/k : )~

 
At Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Eunuch said...

Good luck with everything...

 
At Saturday, November 18, 2006 3:32:00 AM, Blogger Rolligun said...

Congratulations Fab -- I'm not one to admit such affections in life, but I'm happy for you and your happiness is worth all of the praise in the world. Take Care and best of love for you.

 
At Tuesday, November 21, 2006 3:40:00 PM, Blogger Dan said...

HUH? And I just found you ... a month too late apparently. :(

You'll be back ... they all come back. ;)

 
At Monday, December 25, 2006 8:13:00 AM, Blogger missy said...

Sorry I missed this farewell post. Congratulations to you and truborn. I agree with him, you are a Wonder Woman!

 
At Thursday, February 01, 2007 11:36:00 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

We miss you Fab!!! Drop in sometime and let us know how you are!

Hope everything is well with you and Trueborn.

Take care.

Chuck

 
At Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Eunuch, Rolli, Dan, Missy & Chuck~
Thank you ALL for your well wishes! Tru & I are still blissfully happy and I have great news... He is moving HERE in 4 short months!!! I can finally see the light at the end of the "long distance" tunnel. I can barely contain my excitement, it seems like we've been long distance for decades! I'll keep you posted on any other news ; )~ Miss you all!
Love, Fab!

 
At Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:53:00 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

Fab, I'm so happy to hear that. Congrat's to you and Tru.

Don't fret too much. I'm sure that those months will go by very quickly.

Take care of yourself, Fab. Keep in touch.

Chuck

 
At Monday, April 23, 2007 12:12:00 PM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

SIX weeks and counting!!....
~Fab : )

 
At Thursday, May 31, 2007 7:48:00 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

Is this the week? Congrats!!! I know you'll probably be too "busy" to do any update, but I wanted you to know that we still care about you!!!

Have fun and enjoy life.

Chuck

 
At Thursday, June 07, 2007 9:37:00 PM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Awww... thanks Chuck!! It's so good to know you care! The bad news is... we have to wait a bit longer than first anticipated.: (
The GOOD news is- Tru will be here TOMORROW (it's been since Memorial Day since we last saw each other)- He has two interviews on Monday (hurrah) and will be moving in early July- I can HARDLY WAIT!! I can't believe he is almost here... FOREVER!!! Thanks for checking in- especially after you've retired as well! Hope all is FABULOUS in your world!
~Fab : )

 
At Sunday, June 10, 2007 6:07:00 AM, Blogger missy said...

Hi hun! I came here wondering if you have decided to go back to blogging! Perhaps a joint blog to keep us updated with your lives?

You are missed!

love, missy x

 
At Friday, June 29, 2007 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

SIX DAYSSSSSSSS!!!! Woohoo!! : )~
~Fab

 
At Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:55:00 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

Is it time? Is he there???

What's up, Chica? I know you prolly won't have much time to answer with all the lovin you're getting now, but give the boy some time to replenish his fluids and let us know how it's going. : )

Take care, Fab.

Chuck

 
At Monday, July 30, 2007 5:59:00 PM, Blogger AmyB said...

Ahaha! I heart Chuck...and really, REALLY wish you would start a new blog to chronicle your NEW life, Fab. I miss you!!! :o( I was just going through some archives and found a sweet comment from you and it made me really miss you! Waaah!!

I'm SO glad to know S.T. is now in your world, living among you and making you smile more than ever. If you get a chance, come back and comment again to let us know how it's going!

Oh, by the way...C.L. and I are ENGAGED!!! YAY! :o)

Hugs!

xoxo AmyD

 
At Monday, August 25, 2014 10:38:00 PM, Blogger Officially Fabulous said...

Just stumbled across this little blast from our past... Update: Tru and Fab have been together for almost 9 years... Married for 5 years and welcomed our son into the world this past April. He is amazing in every way and I credit this blog with bringing us tremendous love and happiness and ultimately the truest love of our lives... Our sweet boy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.